Cats/my cat seems really poorly

Question
hello.
I have noticed that the past couple of days my cat has had a runny stool, I assumed that this was because I changed her food not too long ago and her tummy is just getting used to it.
however for the past hour she has been throwing up, first couple of times it was solid and now its just clear liquid coming out. She really doesn't look her usual self. she looks really lethargic. I have tried giving her water as its been really hot lately but she doesn't seem interested in it. is there anything you can suggest that I do? she is about 8 months old and has had all of her shots.

Answer
Hi
Dehydration is the real issue here. the only thing you can do is to try and make sure that she does get some water to drink regularly.

Hopefully it is just a short lived bug that she will get over but if the diarrhea and vomiting are bad and she won't drink you will need to get her to a vets as soon as you can. dehydration can hit quickly and be fatal.

If it were me I would be wanting to get her to a vets as soon as possible anyway to have her checked out it is always better to be safe than sorry i feel.

I do have a couple of pages of information about these symptoms on my web site which you may find of further interest

/cat-vomiting.html

/cat-diarrhea.html

i hope she is better soon
best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth