i think my cat is pregant but i dont know when she will give birtht to them and she crys alot for no reason could it be contractions

it can often be difficult to know how far along a cat is in her pregnancy if you do not know when she mated. Often signs don't begin to show until the last few weeks.

i have a web page about what to look out for here

It is unlikely that the crying has anything to do with contractions, it could simply be that she is becoming more affectionate and demanding if she is near the end of her pregnancy.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.