Cats/pregnant cat

my cat is pregnant and i noticed while i was petting her, her lower back seems on the warmer side. is this normal? does this mean she may be going into labor soon? i am not sure whether to worry or if ots normal for feline labor possibly.   thank you

As long as your cat is not displaying any signs of pain discomfort or is not eating or drinking as normal and is still generally herself i don't think you should worry.

it could just well be that she has living kittens inside which are generating some body heat.

i know that it can be quite worrying when you have pregnant cat but mother nature is very good at handling this sort of thing and it is rare that a cat cannot deliver by themselves.

i have a web page about cat pregnancy which you may find of further interest here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.