Cats/12 week old kitten

Question
We have just become owners of a 12 week old kitten and we are finding that when he goes to the toilet his stools are very, very runny - is this normal.

We won't be taking him to the vet until some time next week for his innoculations and check-up.

Answer
Hi
yes kittens can have diarrhea when they move to a new home as the change in food and environment etc can upset their tummies. this should settle down after a week or so.

make sure you are feeding the kitten only kitten food and the correct amounts and that the kitten has plenty of water to drink, not cows milk.

I have a page about cat diarrhea which you mind find of further help here

/cat-diarrhea.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth