Cats/12 week old kitten

We have just become owners of a 12 week old kitten and we are finding that when he goes to the toilet his stools are very, very runny - is this normal.

We won't be taking him to the vet until some time next week for his innoculations and check-up.

yes kittens can have diarrhea when they move to a new home as the change in food and environment etc can upset their tummies. this should settle down after a week or so.

make sure you are feeding the kitten only kitten food and the correct amounts and that the kitten has plenty of water to drink, not cows milk.

I have a page about cat diarrhea which you mind find of further help here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.