Cats/A kitten with no tail

I  have this kitten.born without a tail,not even a nub.she has trouble pooping. it seems to hurt her. she cries.,and i have not been able to train her to a litter box.she just uses it where she is.what could be causing this

well it sounds to me like she may have a problem with her spine or perhaps even her pelvis. I really do think you need to have her seen my a vet as your kitten may be in some discomfort.

Not having a tail could be an indication of a problem with her spine or pelvis and if she has one birth defect she may have others too.

I hope the vet can help her and that she will be Ok

best wishes KAte

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.