Cats/Cat Problem

What do you do to stop a cat who when she is grooming herself does it so much that she leaves bald spots and patches on her legs? (The treatment that Vets suggest is very expensive and only temporary and is there a less expensive more permanent solution) Thank you.

well this could be caused by several things from anxiety (over grooming) and or skin irritations.

My suggestion is to read through a couple of my web pages about these issues so that you can decide for yourself what the possible cause could be. There are also some treatment suggestions there too.

here are the pages

I hope you can find the cause of your cats over grooming as it can't be very nice for her either.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.