Cats/I have very angery cat

Question
Last night my neighbors cat was outside our window and one of my females went ballistic although she was inside. She got all riled up and started to growl at her sister and our only male cat. He was the one ready for a fight I got them to stop with a little water before they actually got anywhere but here is the main question. Our male cat is still rather worked up and won't let anyone near him. I tried to isolate him until he calmed down and it worked before but now no can go near him without fear of loosing blood. Why is he being that way? Just the simple act of talking to him results in a hiss or growl. I've never seen him like this before.

Answer
Hi
don't worry he just needs more time on his own.

this is a common problem known as trauma aggression.

keep him in a room on his own with his toys, bed and fresh water and litter tray. keep things quiet and when you go to see him, keep your distance and just softly talk to him. then after a day or two see if he will come to you rather than the other way around, once this happens you can see how he is with the other cats. If he is aggressive towards them then he will need to go through the introduction process with them described here

/introducing-cats.html

Dont worry, your cat is just frightened at the moment and it will take some time to settle down.

best wishes KAte

Cats

Kate Tilmouth