Cats/cat's brown urine ut became normal again??

hi, i have a himalayan kitten and he's 7 months old. two days ago, we found out that his urine was brownish and he had that kind of urine thrice. but after that his urine became normal again. he seems fine. he still pees in the litterbox, he eats an drinks water normally, and he also plays as usual. but im still worried since i have read so many articles regarding the kidney disease and uti. i dont know if he has it. but he has pee brown urine since that incident. btw, i dont know if that was just the cause of diet, since he tasted some whiskas i think several times before he had that urine color. he's diet is royal canin. please help thanks

No I dont think it is his diet particularly causing this. I would say that it does rather sound like he may have a urine infection which keeps coming and going and this may be caused by an underlying problem which only a vet could diagnoses really.

i have a page about UTI's which you may find of further interest here

I hope he is better soon

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.