Cats/cat crying a weird cry and then vomiting

Question
I have a 3 yr old male indoor cat that has been fine up until about 4 days ago.  I noticed he had been vomiting all over the house, but it was not a normal hairball. He starts to cry this weird cry which is not the same as when he is talking to me , starts backing up and heaving all at the same time. I expected a hairball, but it is more like phloem or bile liquids. Its a little yellow.  What would make him start this all of the sudden.  He was fine for about 2 days then yesterday started again. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi
well it could still be a hairball. Often it can take several days to get up and before that the cat will heave and bring up liquid and sometimes cry out.

the trouble is sometimes the hairball becomes stuck and in these cases a vet will have to intervene.

There are some preparations which can help the passing of hairballs but if it goes on for too long then as I say a vet is needed.

i have a page about hairballs which you may find of further help here

/hairballs.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth