Cats/Accidentally dropped a pop bottle on my 1 yr old male cat

Help! My male cat was lying on my bed when I leaned over him to pet his sister and the pop bottle I was holding, full at the time, dropped on him. He ran and won't come up to me since. Every time he sees me, he runs and hides. He was always so affectionate and lovable; have I messed him up forever???????

Hi sorry for the delay in answering I had Internet connection problems.

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, cats are very forgiving and he probably just needs some time to get over the shock. Make sure also that his behavior doesn't change so much that it could suggest that he is injured.

You could also try some bonding techniques on him to help him learn to trust you again.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.