how do i know if my cat has scabies and how do i get rid of it and how much does it cost? Would it be worth just putting my cat down cause my kids and I have it and it doesnt seem to be getting any better. I got it about 3 months ago and we cant take it anymore, nothing seems to be helping. Please help.

Please don't put your cat down just because he has a skin condition which can be easily treated with the proper medication from the vet. You too will need to see your doctor for some medication at the same time.

Please see this page for more information regarding scabies

I would suggest that you have the condition properly diagnosed by a vet first though just in case your cat has some other skin condition
Please see this page for other cat skin problems

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.