Cats/feeding kitten

Question
I have a kitten that is around 3 weeks old. We feed him milk every 2 hours with a syringe. The problem now is that there is a week where we won't be at home for around 12 hours (maximum) from Monday to Friday, and there won't be anyone to feed him. So is it possible that we put milk in a dish for him? Will he be able to be like self-sufficient?

Answer
Hi

No i'm afraid this wont work. he wont know how to do this at this age at all. Also he should be being fed special kitten formula sa ordinary milk will not have the right nutrients for him and could cause him digestive problems. Please see this page for more information on this

/kitten-feeding.html

as for you going away, the simple answer is either you can't leave him or you will have to fidn someone else to feed him during this time.

Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth