Cats/scabs on my cat's nose

Hi Kate,
Have you seen this situation before? Over a month ago my cat Zen started to develop scabs on his nose. I thought he got them from play fighting with my other cat and expected them to heal on their own. But it doesn't seem to be healing. He's not acting strange in any way and it doesn't even seem to be irritating him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture to show you what it looks like.

Thank you,

yes it could be from fighting but it may also be something like cat acne or an allergy.

I would definitely recommend that you get your vet to take a quick look. it does look rather odd as a scratch would not normally be all over the nose like that.

i hope he is better soon Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.