Cats/2 male cats

i have just got 2 9mnth old male kittens yesterday. but tonight i caught 1 of them trying to hump the other 1. they are not neutered.

This is not unusual behavior.

Your kittens are now maturing and will be full of hormones causing them to get these urges. the fact that they try to mate with each other is purely down to these urges.

your best option is to get them neutered now. this will make them happier more contented cats as well as preventing any pregnancies if they meet up with female cats.

i have lots of information about neutering and all the health benefits on my site here si the first page

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.