My 8 month old Siamese mix has been biting. We have tried giving him "time outs" but the problem seems to be getting worse. He is very restless and constantly hungry. He will attack feet and hands at random We give him tons on love. Play and plenty of food. How can we change this behavior?

well its never easy when you have a cat who thinks that this sort of behavior is ok play.

All you can do is to try and change this behavior over time by using the negative / positive response technique described here

It does take time and patience but i have seen good results with this if the whole family takes part.

best wishes Kite  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.