Cats/Cat Mood Swings

Question
Hi Kate
We've had our cat now for over 2 years.  She was a sweet heart for the 1st year, and for the past year, she has been a terror.  She attacks unprevoked, growls and doesnt want to be touched more often than not.  Has developed a strange twitch.  She had kittens 6 months ago, but her behaviour has been like this prior to kittens.  What can I do?

Answer
Hi
my advice is to take her to the vets to have her checked over. I say this because this sudden and dramatic change in behavior is not normal and can be a sign that she is grumpy because she may be in discomfort or pain.

Sometime hormone imbalances can cause this and your vet will be able to advice you on this. This may have been exasperated since giving birth as this can take it out of a cats body.

I think having her checked by a vet should be your first move and then take it from there.

Best wishes KAte

Cats

Kate Tilmouth