Cats/Cats fighting

Question
Hi there,

I have a beautiful loving black cat.  He shows no aggression at home but he seems to be terrorizing the neighbourhood's cats.  How can I get my cat to stop?

Answer
Hi
Sadly you can't. The only thing you can do is to make sure he is neutered as this usually helps to calm things down.

However some cats are more territorial and if he takes a dislike to some other cats around he will try to push them off his territory. Also the trouble could be that there are other un neutered tom cats around this is always a cause of tension. i know I have the same problem in my area. My two neutered toms are being terrorized by a nasty stray tom cat. we are in the process of trying to catch him so that we can have him spayed.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth