Cats/My two adult cats & a new kitten

I have two siamese cats who are about two years of age, recently I addopted a new siamese kitten, whom they have not taken to at all, the sad thing now is they have turned on each other, before the kitten arrived they were very happy together and all the kitten wants is to play with them.  Do you think in time they will get along or have I made a mistake?

Possibly you have made a mistake. Cats do not naturally get along with other cats and usually just tolerate each other. Cats who have grown up together are more likely to be able to settle down.

However there are things you can try to smooth the waters. A period of introduction may help all concerned to calm down and to be more accepting.

i have a page about the technique here, it does take a little time and effort but can be very helpful

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.