Cats/introducing a kitten to a 6 yearr old femaile siamese

Question
Hi Kate. I just moved into a large 3 1/2 in beautiful Quebec City.
My 6 year old female siamese which I found freezing and starving 5 or more years ago has always been a joy. it's like having a dog in a caats fur. ha! aparently siamese cats have many dog traits and of course are very territorial.
Any way. Having another ccat around is not new to my cat althought the last expiernce was not goo because I had moved in with a girlfriend and her adult cat very 'anti social' but they just never got along. 3 years ago however after a fashion my cat interacted great with a kitten that was brought in. sounds like a long story but I am just trying to give you a solid backround.

Any it's only been 24 hours. but I have since given the new cat it's own foo& water bowl and it's own temporary litter box all in the same room. My cat has the rest of the appartment. she slept with me as usual last night and during the day I decided to close of the bedroom as she has been hiding under the bed since the arrival of the 9 week old female newcomer. who has adapted well in the last 24 hours.
My cat yesterday tried to attack me when I went to pick it up. The lady was not very happy. my question is....
Is there hope that these 2 will hit it off???

Answer
Hi
yes there is hope but it is not guaranteed.

Your best option is to use the introduction method for your two cats and give them time to find their place in the home.

the process is a little time consuming but helps to build confidence in the cats without the fear of attack.

the process is described here

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth