Cats/nursing cat

my cat is nursing and one of her nipples is red and hardening and doesn't give milk is there something i can do or is this normal

Sounds like a possible blocked teat or even an infection. In either case this needs to be treated by a vet to ensure that your cat is not in pain and also to prevent further illness.

I hope she is better soon

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.