Cats/How to separate kittens from they Mom

Question
Hi I have a 10 weeks old kittens and I will like to know how to separate them from their mom so they (kittens and mom) don't suffer.

I was also wondering if the mom can get depress for this.

Thank you!

Answer
Hi
Kittens should nor be taken away from their mum until they are at least 3 months old and fully weaned.

/kitten-weaning.html

in nature after this time the mother cat would start to encourage her kittens to find their own homes and move away as it is not in the interests of the cat to have a large amount of cats in one territory. So she should be fine if you rehome the kittens one at a time of a period of a few weeks after they are weaned.

best wishes kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth