why is has my ragdoll started calling when we thought she is on day 64 of a supected pregnacy
she usually calls every three weeks and she hasnt called since new years eve which was when she was studed.

Sorry i haven't responded sooner, computer problems.

Some cats do become more vocal when they are nearing the end of their pregnancy. They may also become more affectionate towards you or start rolling around on the floor in a babyish sort of way. Other cats will simply want to be alone.

I have a web page on my site about cat pregnancy which you may find of further interest here

I wouldn't worry about the calling as you say she may be near to giving birth.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.