Cats/cat outdoor

can i put my new adopted kitten (from a shelter) in an outdoor kennel? it will be very spacious and roomy, it will have a cathouse that will protect against extreme hot or cold temps, it will have food, water ,toys, and the kitten will recieve lots of attention. i may also take it out for walks to let it get more exercise. i cannot bring the kitten inside the house due to severe allergies that others' have, but it will be treated the best way possible outside. please help, i really want this kitten.

yes i can't see why not. It sound like he will have luxury apartment outside and so should be fine.

I have always allowed my cats to roam free ( I live in the Uk where this is the norm) but i know that there are some parts of the world where this is not safe.

As long as your kitten is fully weaned ie over 12 weeks old he should be fine and not need the constant attention of a younger kitten.

Sounds like he is going to ahve a lovely life with lots of space etc to live in.

I have a cat web site with lots if information about cat and kitten care etc which you may find of further help and interest. It is

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.