Cats/my cat is throwing up after beining lost

Question
my cat andre (an indoor cat) took off after being lock out of the house . He was missing for 21 days. we cant believe we found him. he was lost. we have been feeding him normally but he is throwing up a lot. He lost 5 pounds he was 15lbs.(hes a large cat not fat) he is drinking a lot of water and looks like he is getting stronger and back to his old self. He look like he had oil all over his fur too, but over all looks in good health. but I'm worried about his throwing up. what should I do? thanks patti

Answer
Hi
Sounds to me like he may have ingested some of the oil on him and this may have either upset his tummy or at worse poisoned him. Now I know poisoning can sound scary but it may be able to be treated.

Have you managed to get the oil off of his fur to stop him digesting any more.? He may need a proper bath to do this affectively. see here for some advice on how to do this safely

/bathing-a-cat.html

Also if it were me because i would have no idea of what my cat has been upto or what they may have eaten i would want to have them checked over by a vet to be on the safe side.

I also have a page about cat vomiting treatment which you may find of further help here

/cat-vomit.html

Hope he is better soon

kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth