Cats/Kitten

Question
I want to adopt a kitten but I've been told that they can sometimes run away. Is this true? I live in a first-floor apartment but I'm worried what might happen if someone leaves the main door open.

Also, we have ceiling fans in all the rooms. Is this safe for cats?

Answer
Hi
personally i think cats need a large space to live in and access to outside if possible. This is what being a cat is all about.

Now I know that in the Us many people do keep cats inside but when they do they need a large house or apartment. So it does depend on how big your home is.

As for running away, well no if a cat is happy in their home they will have no need to run away. However cats may get outside to be a cat and do all those things cats like to do such as climb tress and explore etc. This is why it is importnat to have your cat micro chipped so that if they do get lost their is a better chance of finding them.

/microchipping.html

Also make sure that their inside world is as stimulating as possible for them, then they will lead a happier life if they are inside all the time. Please see this page for more ideas on this

/indoor-cats.html

As for the ceiling fans. i don't think they will be a problem. I have never heard of a cat being hurt by one before. Just make sure that their is no high furniture near by which the cat could use to climb up onto.

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth