Cats/Moving in cats

Question
We have had our current cat for almost a year and where thinking of getting a new kitten. We are hoping it will help calm our cat down a little and make it so he is not so mean/playful. Anyway, my question is, is their a fool proof way of moving in the kitten that will not cause our other cat to pee all over the house?

Thanks a ton,

Alyssa

Answer
Hi
Well the simple answer is no, there is no fool proof way to move another cat into your home without the possibility of upsetting your exciting cat.

i would say though that having another cat is more than likely going to make things worse for you.

Cats dont need the company of another cat, they are not like dogs who are pack animals. in fact cats prefer their own territory and the arrival of another cat could simply make your cat worse.

it sounds like your cat is having some issues and this could be due to anxiety about something anyway.

can I suggest that you take a look through a couple of my pages on my site which may provide you with some more information.

/cat-urine.html

/cat-poo.html

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth