I have 4 cats ranging from the ages of 1-9.  I have three male cats and one female.  I am having a problem getting them all onto one food.  They all like different foods and I buy the best.  One eats California Natural, One eats Epigen90 from Wysong and the other two switch off between Wellness and Epigen90.  I also have Wellness Core which is the no grain food.  I need to get them all on one of these foods.  I have been told that healthy cats will not starve themselves, is that true?  Is there a way I can get them all onto one of these foods?  This is getting way too expensive.  I do give them wet food in the morning.

Hope you can help,

cats will eat what we give them when we are hungry and yes it is true they will not starve themselves their instincts would not allow this to happen.

s humans we can become anxious about our cats and fall into the trap you have. However you are in control and as long as the food you choose is of good quality that is all our cats need. So stick to one and start a feeding routine, they will soon get used to it.

I have some pages on my site about cat food etc which you may find of further interest here

best wishes akte

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.