Cats/breathing

Question
Hay. My cat gave birth to 3 healthy kittens two days ago, but I noticed her panting and it seems like its hard for her to breathe properly... I've read that it might be heat or that there may be more little ones inside,and I'm so confused. She was really big when she was pregnant but delivered only 3. Can you she does eat and drink but after that she just lays there and keeps om rolling around like she's uncomfortable...please help?

Answer
Hi
she may still have other kittens inside. However without a vet checking her over there is no way of knowing whether she is in pain or not.

I always recommend that when a cats behavior appears strange or different than normal that is always a possible sign that something is wrong. If the behavior continues then a trip to your vets is your best option.

She would not be in heat after giving birth so soon.

hope she is ok and that the kittens are all healthy too

best wishes kate

/kitten-care.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth