Cats/Moving and leaving cats with Neighbour

Question

We are moving abroad and our kind neighbor has agreed to take our 2 beautiful cats when we leave. We have 4 weeks to go and one of the cats have already moved into her house however, we have one other cat that is really shy.

How do we go about introducing our cat to the neighbors house? Do we hand her over now? or do we just leave her there when we go? Is it better to take her over there a few times a week to get used to the environment?

Any help you can offer would be beneficial!
Thanks
x

Answer
Hi
yes you can try to introduce her to your neighbors now but while you are there it is likely that she will keep returning.

when you do leave your neighbor will have to keep her in their house for several weeks to try and get her used to her new home. They will also have to let the new owners of your home that your cat may keep trying to return and that they should not let them in or feed them so that they do get used to their new home etc.

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth