Cats/Cat coughs and sneezes a lot

Question
I have a cat that is about 8 months old. She seems very healthy and playful, eats well and is very active. However, she is the snottiest cat I've ever met. She seems to be a fountain of mucus, and she also coughs and sneezes a lot. This isn't a new thing -- I've had her since she was a tiny kitten and she's always been like this. Sometimes she'll sneeze over a dozen times in rapid succession and I get worried about whether she can breathe. Should I be worried, or is she just a naturally wheezy cat? I don't have a ton of spare cash at the moment, so I'd prefer not to take her to the vet unless you think it's really necessary. I do love her very much and want to make sure my darling little snot pot has a long and healthy life. She's up to date on all her vaccinations and is spayed. She lives with me in a college dorm in a hall with 3 other cats. Thanks! :)

Answer
Katie,

It sounds like your kitten may have a nasty upper respiratory infection. Typically she should be treated with antibiotics just to be sure that it's not bacterial in nature so I would sugges that she sees a vet as soon as possible. You want to make sure that she isn't developing pneumonia because that would be incredibly serious. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali