Cats/cats stalking

Question
I was walking on a road on 2 different occassions late nights to two different locations, at one instance i saw the cat across the road and saw a cat but i kept on walking but after few minutes i noticed that the cat was stalking me, it hid behind cars and when i looked back it will run up to me and then hid away; this happened until i got to my destination and then i saw it slowing go away. At the occassion, i was about to enter my front door and i saw a black and white cat sitting in front, so i shooed it but it didnt mive so i walked away from my front door towards a bustop which was about 10yards and i kept lookingback and found out it was following me, hiding under some bushes and then it came straight towards me, this scared me and amazingly it sat beside me and was staring at me, by this time  i was shouting at it but it didnt even move, but i was rescued with a bus i got on and had to go round my area before coming back again.

Do you have any advice or help?
P.s. I dont like cats generally.

Thanks

Answer
Michelle,

It doesn't sound like these kitties meant you any harm, it sounds like they may have been trying to get your attention and possibly make friends with you. I understand that some folks don't like/are fearful of/are allergic to cats so here are some tips to help keep those kitties away:

- Most cats would prefer to avoid direct eye contact... In the cat world where everything is about body language and eye contact it's considered rude by the kitties to look them directly in the eye unless you know them well.

- You could always carry a small canister of compressed air with you like the type used for cleaning computer keyboards. If a kitty approaches you a swift blast of compressed air shot off above your head will usually send them packing simply because a hiss is easily understood.

- The majority of cats don't appreciate getting wet so a water pistol might be effective to keep those kitties away.

If you have any further cat related questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali