Cats/Kitten with hermia

Question
Hi just a quick query. Got a 5 month old mixed breed kitten who recently has been spayed. Found a lump on her upper leg a few days ago, and it got bigger overnight took her to vets and she was diagonosed with hermia. She was operated immediately, and it was said to be the biggest our vets had ever seen in a kitten.She is now on her way to recovery - but is to be kept in a large dog cage for the upcoming seven days. My question is is their any ways to keep her comfy or improve how she feels? she's very hyperactive and we dont want back to square one.Thanknyou so much.

Answer
Sophie,

You need to give her a litter pan, a water dish, and some bedding.  Other than that keep an eye on the incision to make sure she does not open it up and it does not get infected. When you return to the vet to get the stiches out, the vet can assess the wound to see how it is healing.

A week is not really that long a time for the cat and she will be fine.

Please get back to me if you have any more questions.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz