Cats/siamese urinating

Question
3 yr old spayed female in household with 2 older cats. We got her as rescue kitten. Shit tzu puppy brought into household a yr ago. She started urinating in master bedroom about same time. No health problems.  We know she is literally pissed about dog. We need help in behaviorally changing her attitude

Answer
Hi Ceal,

First off make sure the dog isn't going after her. If he is you need to teach the dog first about respecting your cat. She probably isn't pissed at the dog , just scared. Here's a link about what to do for that.

http://www.sfspca.org/sites/default/files/Cat%20and%20Dog%20Introductions.pdf

Get a good enzymatic cat urine cleaner. Use it in the areas she has been urinating in. This will remove any smells that tempt her back. Get a new litter box and litter and put it in the master bedroom for her. She probably feels safe in your room. And if she has a box in the safe room she won't use any place else. Get her this or something like this. It will help her.

http://www.petnaturals.com/vitamins_supplements/calming-support-softchews-cats.p

Make sure she feels safe and protected from the dog. And make sure she feels love from you. She needs that. Do these things and I believe your problem should clear up. Good luck and take care.

Ciao, Karen  

Cats

Karen Craft