Cats/cat identification

My son thought he heard a little girl screaming for help, when he found where the sound was he noticed a very small kitten trapped in the wheel on the trailer and the fence.  When he showed me the kitten it did not look right.  We have several cats at home, but nothing like this one.  If you email me a link to send you photo I will.  The ears are rounder and can be bent flat.  The ear hair goes up to a point.  It is like a tabby, Bengal, artisan, bobcat, all in one.  It is growing very fast.  The feet are as big as my 19 lbs cat and is lighting fast.  Very protective of the family and property.  The 20lbs non fixed male cat who has always dominated the other cats yielded to this cat day one.  I have teeth, feet, belly,ear, full body photos from beginning to present.  I wonder if this might be a new breed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Mark

Send me a URL with the pictures and I will take a look.  I wonder if you found a bobcat kitten????????????  If so, I do not think you will want to keep it at home. I would also check with the local zoo to see if it is a bobcat kitten.  Bobcats and domestic cats should not be able to produce anything viable (a mismatch of genes and chromosomes).

Seasonal regards... Norm.

Norman Auspitz

I can answer most non-veterinary questions about cats. My particular expertise is pedigree cats, breeding and showing. However, I am versed in feline behavior, cat breeds and their characteristics, general feline husbandry, and the like.

I judged for the Canadian Cat Association from 1975 until 1982. I am currently an approved allbreed judge for the Cat Fanciers'' Association (the world''s largets cat registry), and have been judging for them since 1991. I have been breeding pedigreed cats since 1971 and have been exhibiting pedigreed cats in shows since 1970. I obtained my first pedigreed cat in 1970 and have never looked back. In 1971, I obtained my first Abyssinian which has become my primary breed. In addition, I have bred Manx and Persians. Currently, besides the Abyssinians, I am also breeding Maine Coons.

Cat Fanciers'' Association, inc. (CFA) and the Manx, Maine Coon, and Abyssinian breed councils. I am currently Abyssinian breed council secretary.

Cat Fancy Magazine, The Abyssinian Chapter in The Cat Fanciers'' Association Complete Cat Book, and Articles for various editions of The Cat Fanciers'' Association Yearbook

I received a B.S. from Drexel University in 1968, a M.Math from University of Waterloo, in 1970, a Ph.D. from University of Waterloo in 1975, and a MBA from McMaster University in 1980. I received my approved allbreed judging status in the Cat Fanciers'' Association in 1999.

We have produced a number of Cat Fanciers'' Association (CFA) National winning Abyssinian and Maine Coons. We have produced a number of Abyssinian and Maine Coon Distinguished Merit females (an award for a top producing cat), including the first Distinguished Merit Abyssinian in the red (sorrel) color. I am the CFA Abyssinian breed council secretary and belong and/or hold office in a number of cat clubs. I am also a member of the CFA Judges Association.