Cats/kitten overing food

Question
I was handed this kitten by a lady that said she found her running wild around her house. She wanted me to find her a good home as neighbor kids are mean to her.
I brought her home , sprayed her for fleas and put a tape wormer pill down her. I then fed her some soft food as I was concerned about feeding something that might upset her system. I have 6 cats, all were strays. Rule of thumb here is they must be fixed or neutered to stay, Everyone feels it is worth the loss because of all the food they get. My problem is when I feed the adult cats , she pushes them away from their food. I have locked her up and then feed her by herself. She will eat her food and then cleaned all the other dishes. She goes outdoors and looks for food also so what am I overlooking with this kitten. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Margaret,

She sounds like she may have been starving before. Of course she is going to get pushy when she eats. You can fight this by what you are doing and by feeding her more. Feed her in the morning and night. Get her some kitten food. These have a higher nutritional value than regular food. Sounds like she needs it, Here's a great link about feeding your cats. Its' chock full of good info.

http://www.catinfo.org/

Hope this helped. Good luck and take care.

Ciao, Karen

Cats

Karen Craft