Cats/did my cat stop labor?

this morning at 6 she had discharge and followed me everywhere. she was liking her gentiles, nesting, purring, panting, and wouldnt leave my side. she even had a contraction a while ago, but only one and none since. now she hasnt shown any signs, just sleeping. she was so active before and now isnt.. is there a reason for this? did labor stop?

yes it is quite possible that the labor has stopped for a awhile. It can take many many hours for a cat to give birth. there can even be many hours between each kitten.

Try not to worry and just keep an eye on her. If you feel she is in distress then your best option is to take her to see a vet in case their are complications. Although this is rare.

I do have some pages about cat labor on my site which you may find of further interest here

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.