Cats/oily very yellow pee

JTP wrote at 2015-01-30 17:24:15
Female cats will spray, like males.  Even neutered females will spray (about 10%). This spray is a combination mixture of an oily anal gland secretion and urine, much different than the urine evacuated through normal "peeing". The activity is usually the result of some sort of conflict or territorial issue.  If you have other cats, there may be a problem that you're not aware of.  Your cat may be able to see or smell other cats that are hanging around your house, screens, or windows.  You may even be tracking in scent or spray from another cat on your shoes.  I have four indoor cats, all neutered, three males and one feisty little female.  ONE of the males sprays, as is often the case in multi-cat homes.  Luckily for us, he only does it in high walled enclosed pans.  

janiej wrote at 2016-09-12 20:50:38
After some research I found that the cat is marking territory by spraying from his anal glands. Along with some urine.

It is strong and foul.

Good luck to us all trying to fix this!

Cats

Norman Auspitz