Cats/cat behaviour strange

hi kate just wondering about my cat.she is roughly 5mnths old,she is a girl called poppy.she has just started acting quite strange.she seems off her food and has started meowing strange too.she just isnt herself at all and also seems quite nervous and rubs her belly along the floor.could u please advise if  i maybe need to do  something for her  thanks in advance emma.X

have you had her spayed yet? if not then it sounds to me like she could be in heat.

if she is spayed then check that she hasn't got worms or even fleas can cause cats to act strangely.

My website is packed with inforamtion about how to look after your cat if you are unsure about anything. There can be so much more to looking after a cat than you may have at first thought.

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.