Cats/Cat vomiting almost daily

Hey Ali,
My fiance and I have a long haired Torby named Beth. She' 4 years old and usually grooms herself quite often(we think some anxiety)but have recently discovered that she has been throwing almost on a daily basis. She seems to act normally-plays,drinks water,eats. Sometimes, she sleeps with us in our bedroom and Her vomiting seems to occur around the early hours in the morning not long after she eats. We're currently living with my mom and have two other cats as well as my mom's three. So, we're wondering if it might be a nervous stomach due to increased anxiety & stress or a maybe lodged hairball????

When was the last time that Beth saw a veterinarian? There are possible medical reasons for her to be vomiting so frequently that aren't purely stress related... Yes, it is possible that a hairball is causing her to vomit so frequently but I really think it would be best for the veterinarian to run some bloodwork and check her over to be sure that she doesn't have anything else going on. I can offer suggestions to help her deal with stress or hairballs if that's what the vet determines is happening here. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

I am the proud guardian of 5 mixed breed cats ranging from 12 weeks to 13 years old and one purebred ragdoll. I have 20+ years experience working with mixed breed cats from a variety of different situations. I have fostered cats/kittens with special needs/behavioral issues. I have rescued/rehabilitated/re-homed a variety of stray/abused cats. I can offer advice on managing feral cat colonies, rehabilitating strays and finding them forever homes. I can help you to determine whether a cat is stray or feral, there IS a significant difference. Improperly introducing a new cat/kitten can result in aggression between newly introduced cats because cats are territorial by nature and they don't like sudden changes in their environment. To learn more about a peaceful way to introduce a new cat into a home with other cats please check out my previous answers on this subject. Proper nutrition for cats can be confusing, I recommend checking out which was created by a veterinarian (Dr. Lisa Pierson) who takes a common sense approach to explaining feline nutrition. Cat behavior and instincts are different from those of humans, I can help you understand your cat's needs so that you can meet them adequately and have a balanced, psychologically and physically sound kitty. Cats vary in personality, energy level and intelligence, different approaches may be required to achieve results in terms of training and interaction with your feline companion. An intelligent, high energy cat must be kept busy or they will make their own fun. I am NOT a licensed veterinarian and I can't offer medical advice. If your cat is ill/injured my advice is always the same: get prompt medical treatment provided by a veterinarian. If finances are an issue I will try to find resources in your area that can help with medical costs or make other choices to ensure the welfare of your cat.

I have fostered feral and stray cats, rehabilitated and homed cats that many people recommended euthanasia for. I am willing to make an effort to do the research and ask questions because I care enough to find solutions to behavioral problems rather than giving up. I have an interest in the use of alternative therapies to help provide the best possible care for all cats and I can say in all honesty that I've seen some incredible things happen for some incredible cats and their human caregivers when the right alternative therapeutic modality is used by a qualified veterinarian with expertise and experience in the field.

I've earned my diploma as a veterinary assistant with honors.