Cats/Concerns reguarding my 6 week old kitten

I recently got a 6 week old kitten. The person I got her off of said that she was already eating dry kitten food. When I got her, I thought she looked tiny for her age. I took her home and everything was ok; fed her kitten dry food and so on. The next morning I got KMR milk replacement thinking she still needed a form of mother's milk. I've had her going on 3 days now, and I've noticed that she is having some blood in her poop. TO me it looks like when she is about done going to the bathroom is when the blood appears. I also hear her crying while she is trying to go number 2. What could be causing this?

Hi Nick,

It may be that the kit is a little constipated. Add a little bit more water to the KMR mixture and see if that helps. I would also take her to the vet for a check up just to be safe. And I'm attaching my recipe for Kitty Glop. Feed her this stuff. It will help her grow big. Good luck and take care.

Ciao, Karen

1 can goat milk or evaporated milk(not sweetened condensed#. Walmart carries canned goat milk near the evaporated milk
2 tbsp. plain yogurt #not low or non fat#. Plain Greek Yogurt is best.
2 tbsp. mayonnaise #real not light or No-Fat#
1 tbs. Karo Syrup #light#
1 pkg. Knox unflavored gelatin
1 egg yolk #beaten#
1 cup Pedialyte #unflavored#
1- 2 jars Stage One Baby food #chicken or turkey#
1 can Kitten food, same flavor as baby food

Mix milk, yogurt, mayonnaise, baby food, kitten food and syrup together well. Bring 1 cup pedialyte to boil and mix in Knox gelatin. Set aside. Mix egg yolk with small amount of milk mixture and beat well.

Add gelatin and pedialyte mix to milk mixture and beat well. Add in egg yolk mixture and beat well. Remember to not use egg substitute and keep egg white to a minimum.

Using a blender works really good for mixing everything together.

Pour into bowl #with cover# and set in refrigerator. Glop will last for two weeks covered in refrigerator. Try freezing the mixture in ice cube trays and store the cubes in the freezer. Thaw as many as needed.
Always warm glop to room temperature ,#milk form), or a little warmer, before feeding.  

Karen Craft

I can give advice on cat behavior. I can help about newborn kitten care. I can help with senior cat care. I can answer questions about cat proofing a home or making it cat friendly. I can answer diet questions. I can answer home treatments questions for cats. At present I have 13 cats in home and two ferals outside. And there's always room for one more!

I have over 40 year's experience with cats. Father was a veterinarian and I assisted him in his work. I have 15 cats at present. Most are shelter or feral rescues. I have one purebred cat. I have done cat rescues and foster care. Some thoughts to carry with you. A Cat's 10 Commandments My life is likely to last 15-20 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful. Give me time to understand what you want of me. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments. But I have only you. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it. Before you swat me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could draw blood. And claws to strike back. And yet I choose not to attack you. If I don't act right then have me checked to see what is wrong. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Because I love you so. Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful thing without God's critters. Pass this on.

I have an A.A.S.