Cats/kitten peeing

i have two unspayed female kittens, one is meowing all the time, really affectionate and peeing on pillows and clothes, is this something a kitten will do in heat. she is eating well and drinking normally, am having her spayed in two weeks, that is when my vet will do it, also they were found together, and are about the same size both are female, why hasent the other one come into heat.

thankyou so much for answering

Hi Becky,

It just part of what makes them tick. One could have been born before the other. And it has matured before the other. It is part of the genetics of the cats. The urinating could be part of marking her territory.And her going into heat may also have brought this behavior on.
I would get a good enzymatic cat urine cleaner and use it on the areas where the one has been urinating. This will remove the temptation for her to go back and use that area again. Good luck and take care.

Ciao, Karen

Karen Craft

I can give advice on cat behavior. I can help about newborn kitten care. I can help with senior cat care. I can answer questions about cat proofing a home or making it cat friendly. I can answer diet questions. I can answer home treatments questions for cats. At present I have 13 cats in home and two ferals outside. And there's always room for one more!

I have over 40 year's experience with cats. Father was a veterinarian and I assisted him in his work. I have 15 cats at present. Most are shelter or feral rescues. I have one purebred cat. I have done cat rescues and foster care. Some thoughts to carry with you. A Cat's 10 Commandments My life is likely to last 15-20 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful. Give me time to understand what you want of me. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments. But I have only you. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it. Before you swat me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could draw blood. And claws to strike back. And yet I choose not to attack you. If I don't act right then have me checked to see what is wrong. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Because I love you so. Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful thing without God's critters. Pass this on.

I have an A.A.S.