Cats/missing cat

Question
My cat is an indoor cat he got outside about 10 days ago and he hasn't came back yet. He got out before but he came back the next day but this time he didn't. What are the odds we see him again we live in the country and not the city. Please let me know. Thank you

Answer
Aaron,

You can check with all the local shelters and humane societies, veterinary clinics, and your neighbors. You may want to make up a handbill and post it all around your neighborhood. The biggest problem you may have is that cats are expert at hiding in plain sight. Once he is spotted, catching him may be another issue.  You may have to go to your local shelter or humane society to borrow a live trap baited with her favorite food to be able to catch outside.

The cat is probably somewhat traumatized by being in the great outdoors, but is probably nearby.  Some people have had a cat go missing for many months and have it show up just as they abandoned hope.  

Please let me know what happens.

Concerned regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz