Cats/Pregnancy of Siamese

QUESTION: How will I know if there is still a baby in my siamese womb? Because yesterday, my cat delivered her kittens but only three. I am worried because my siamese cat still have a big abdomen..

I would suggest having your cat to the vet to have an exam done - the veterinarian will be able to tell you whether or not your cat still has babies inside. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

QUESTION: Thank you, one more question, is there a possible to give birth first then after 2 or 3 days my cat give birth again? Is there some instances happened that? I'm willing to bring my cat to vet but my problem is I'm too busy at my work. I'm planning to bring them on sat. today is only Wednesday. Is my cat is in danger? =(

To have a cat give birth to kittens then stop labor for 2-3 days is not normal. If you suspect that she may still have kittens inside the sooner that you get them out the better because if they don't come out either naturally or by caesarian and their placentas separate from the uterine wall they will lose their connection to mom for nutrition and oxygen and die. If the kittens die they will begin to decompose which will give mom a very toxic infection that is potentially fatal. Is there any specific reason beyond your mother cat having a big belly to think that she might still have kittens inside of her uterus?

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time.

Kind regards,

I am the proud guardian of 5 mixed breed cats ranging from 12 weeks to 13 years old and one purebred ragdoll. I have 20+ years experience working with mixed breed cats from a variety of different situations. I have fostered cats/kittens with special needs/behavioral issues. I have rescued/rehabilitated/re-homed a variety of stray/abused cats. I can offer advice on managing feral cat colonies, rehabilitating strays and finding them forever homes. I can help you to determine whether a cat is stray or feral, there IS a significant difference. Improperly introducing a new cat/kitten can result in aggression between newly introduced cats because cats are territorial by nature and they don't like sudden changes in their environment. To learn more about a peaceful way to introduce a new cat into a home with other cats please check out my previous answers on this subject. Proper nutrition for cats can be confusing, I recommend checking out which was created by a veterinarian (Dr. Lisa Pierson) who takes a common sense approach to explaining feline nutrition. Cat behavior and instincts are different from those of humans, I can help you understand your cat's needs so that you can meet them adequately and have a balanced, psychologically and physically sound kitty. Cats vary in personality, energy level and intelligence, different approaches may be required to achieve results in terms of training and interaction with your feline companion. An intelligent, high energy cat must be kept busy or they will make their own fun. I am NOT a licensed veterinarian and I can't offer medical advice. If your cat is ill/injured my advice is always the same: get prompt medical treatment provided by a veterinarian. If finances are an issue I will try to find resources in your area that can help with medical costs or make other choices to ensure the welfare of your cat.

I have fostered feral and stray cats, rehabilitated and homed cats that many people recommended euthanasia for. I am willing to make an effort to do the research and ask questions because I care enough to find solutions to behavioral problems rather than giving up. I have an interest in the use of alternative therapies to help provide the best possible care for all cats and I can say in all honesty that I've seen some incredible things happen for some incredible cats and their human caregivers when the right alternative therapeutic modality is used by a qualified veterinarian with expertise and experience in the field.

I've earned my diploma as a veterinary assistant with honors.