Cats/Senior cat having trouble

Question
Hi Ali,

My cat is 17 years old and has been doing so-so for the past year or two with vomitting and the occasional fece here and there but now my cat is having trouble what seems to be having a hard time vomiting? I know you aren't a vet but this has just happened tonight and wont get to the vet anytime soon. All I really want to know if there is any soultion to help with a cat struggling to vomit. (Its hard for me to see her in this state of pain but I want to comfort her anyway I can even if she is dying..)

Thanks in advance for taking your time to answer my question.

Lindsay

Answer
Lindsay,

There could be a number of things going on that are causing your cat to act this way while she's vomiting... I really think that it would be in her best interests to see a veterinarian as soon as possible. In the event that there is something terminal happening the veterinarian can make your cat's passing more humane and comfortable, however if there is a reason for the vomiting that is fixable that's important to know too. As far as comforting her during this time there really isn't much you can do to make her more comfortable - vomiting is uncomfortable and unpleasant for anyone, cats included.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time - I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali