Cats/no heat at home and away for christmas

Question
Hello.  I am going away for 10 days and there will be no heat in my home.  Should I move my cat to a friends house or would he be happier at home without heat that in a strange house with someone he doesn't know?  Thank you so much.

Answer
Geraldine,

It depends on how cold it will get and what temperature you keep you house at normally.

Ten days is a long enough time, I would think he would do better in a friends house, but does your friend have any pets? Are you willing to write detailed instructions on care feeding, litter pans, veterinarian, etc.?

It is not really a simple question.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz