Cats/Mature size

Question
I have an almost 5 month old male mix breed kitten. He was neutered at 4 months. He weighs about 6 pounds now. I was wondering if you could tell me when he should stop growing and what the average weight is for a male cat, assuming he's fed a balanced species appropriate diet.

Answer
Irene,

Depending on the body type, it could take anywhere from 18 months to 5 years to become fully mature.  The slinkier body types (like Siamese or Abyssinians take about 18 months, the more robust body types like American Shorthairs or Maine Coons can take anywhere form 3 to five years. So, it is difficult to be precise. One guide is often the size of his feet.  Cats often grow into their feet, but this is usually a very rough estimate.

Male cats can be anywhere from 8 pounds to 25 pounds depending on the body structure.

So, I really cannot give you a precise answer.

I am sorry I could not be of more help.

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz