Cats/broken teeth

Question
I want to ask if accidently. A cat broke her tooth will it tooth come back. N. An othr qus is tht shall I give her a pain kiler. Plz help

Answer
Jiya,

Unless a veterinarian has prescribed a pain medication do not give any to your cat - some human pain medicines can be toxic to cats. You could potentially do more harm than good. Your cat should see a vet if s/he has broken a tooth to determine whether the remainder of the tooth can be saved or not. If your cat is an adult and a vet can't save the tooth then what remains below the gum line will have to be extracted. The tooth will not come back in an adult cat as they already have their adult teeth - if this kitten is younger than 6 months there's a chance that the tooth may have been a baby tooth in which case it would be replaced by an adult tooth.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me again at any time.

Kind regards,

Ali

Cats

Ali