Cats/dead kittens, mother cat is sick

hi, my cat is losing balance , has fever and swollen breasts,she's losing hair, and sleeping a lot, her kittens died one by one the past 3 days, dark times :(,  she had diarrhea for the past 2 weeks, probably an infection that she passed to her kittens , taking her to a vet is no option for there aren't any here, what's happening to her? is she gonna die too?! her appetite seem fine, please help me, what can i do to save hadew?

I am sorry she lost her litter!!!!!!!!!!

Without a vet, there is no telling exactly what is going on. Remember, I am not a vet. You can try treating the symptoms using an antidiarrhea treatment like kaopectate. My guess is that she has mastitis and, without treatment recovery is doubtful. An antibiotic called Baytril is usually pretty effective for this disease, Baytril is prescription only.

You will just have to watch and see what happens.

Please let me know how she does.

Concerned regards... Norm.  

Norman Auspitz

I can answer most non-veterinary questions about cats. My particular expertise is pedigree cats, breeding and showing. However, I am versed in feline behavior, cat breeds and their characteristics, general feline husbandry, and the like.

I judged for the Canadian Cat Association from 1975 until 1982. I am currently an approved allbreed judge for the Cat Fanciers'' Association (the world''s largets cat registry), and have been judging for them since 1991. I have been breeding pedigreed cats since 1971 and have been exhibiting pedigreed cats in shows since 1970. I obtained my first pedigreed cat in 1970 and have never looked back. In 1971, I obtained my first Abyssinian which has become my primary breed. In addition, I have bred Manx and Persians. Currently, besides the Abyssinians, I am also breeding Maine Coons.

Cat Fanciers'' Association, inc. (CFA) and the Manx, Maine Coon, and Abyssinian breed councils. I am currently Abyssinian breed council secretary.

Cat Fancy Magazine, The Abyssinian Chapter in The Cat Fanciers'' Association Complete Cat Book, and Articles for various editions of The Cat Fanciers'' Association Yearbook

I received a B.S. from Drexel University in 1968, a M.Math from University of Waterloo, in 1970, a Ph.D. from University of Waterloo in 1975, and a MBA from McMaster University in 1980. I received my approved allbreed judging status in the Cat Fanciers'' Association in 1999.

We have produced a number of Cat Fanciers'' Association (CFA) National winning Abyssinian and Maine Coons. We have produced a number of Abyssinian and Maine Coon Distinguished Merit females (an award for a top producing cat), including the first Distinguished Merit Abyssinian in the red (sorrel) color. I am the CFA Abyssinian breed council secretary and belong and/or hold office in a number of cat clubs. I am also a member of the CFA Judges Association.