Cats/Can you give me an idea for possible cat breed?

Question
Tufts
Tufts  

Maverick
Maverick  
My cat Maverick has a tuxedo colored coat, but I'm not sure about what breed he might be.  He is extremely playful and loves climbing and seems to be able to get up on top of anything and everything.  I began to get curious when I noticed he had grown tufts behind his ears and some of his fur by the back side of his front and front side of his back legs lightened from black to more of a gray color.  His tail has also gotten extremely fluffy from when I first adopted him.  I adopted him from a family friend who lives on a farm.  I have a grandma that lives on a farm and have seen plenty of farm cats in my day but none with the qualities as distinct as Mavericks, so it made me wonder.   Any ideas on what breed he might be?

Answer
Brandy,

Most long haired cats in the feral population originated from the Maine Coon.  Technically, Maverick is a black and white domestic semi-longhaired cat.

As for the tufts, how old is Maverick? It could be a coat change. See if they disappear?

Best regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz