Cats/Lump on cats ear

Question
I've brought my com cat to the vet 3 times now. I'm being told he has a severe ear infection in both ears. He's on round three of antibiotics. He now has a massive lump outside his ear that I'm being told is calcification. However it seems to be oozing now. It appears to be clear blood, or reddish in color. His eye keeps closing most of the time. The vet keeps telling me it's nothing and to keep giving him antibiotics. It's been a month now and he seems to be getting worse! Help!

Answer
Melissa,

I am not a vet, but I would have thought there would have been some improvement by now!!!!!!!

I would consider getting a second opinion. I have no idea what to tell you.

Please let me know what you find.

Also, a very good e-mail group for veterinary questions is:

fanciershealth@yahoogroups.com

send an e-mail to fanciershealth-subscribe@yahooroups.com

A couple of very knowledgeable vets who breed cats monitor this list.

Concerned regards... Norm.

Cats

Norman Auspitz